So many Asia facts and interesting facts about Asia make the continent a difficult to resist temptation for intrepid travelers.
The Far East is home to several awe-inspiring treasures, for example, the glimmering beaches of Thailand, extraordinary pagodas, spectacular cuisine, thrilling modern cities, and so much more.
Asia is certainly one of the most unique and different continents compared to the West, in regards to its people and travel locations.
* Asia covers about 10% of all of the Earth's total surface area, and about 30% of its total land area. Asia is generally described as stretching from the Ural Mountain range in Russia which forms the western boundary along with the Black Sea, across to the Pacific Ocean and Japan forming the eastern boundary, to the north encompassing the snow fields of Siberia, to the south including the Middle Eastern countries.
* A full 60% of the entire population of the human race reside somewhere in Asia.
* Asia is divided into 6 subcontinents:
Central Asia - East Asia - North Asia - Indian Subcontinent (South Asia) - Southeast Asia - Southwest Asia
Central Asia - Asia of the former Soviet Union, including Siberia, western Central Asia, and the Caucasus;
East Asia - China, Mongolia, South Korea, North Korea and Japan;
Southeast Asia - Myanmar (Burma), Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, and the Philippines;
Indian Subcontinent , South Asia - India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bhutan;
Southwest Asia - Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the other states of the Arabian Peninsula.
Amazing Asia Architecture
* Asia is comprised of 2 of the most populous countries in the world; China and India. As of 2009 China's population was 1,331,460,000 (1.3 Billion) As of 2009 India's population was 1,155,347,700 (1.1 Billion). * (Source: World Bank, World Development)
* The largest country in Asia by area is Russia, with the smallest country by area being Maldives
* Japan is often called the "Land of the Rising Sun", since the characters which produce its name mean "sun-origin". It is an archipelago of 6852 islands, four of which account for about 96% of Japan's land mass.
* In Asia there are 3 primary financial centers, namely, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.
* Mount Everest, the highest mountain peak in the world, is in Nepal. Seeing or climbing this impressive peak is the ultimate dream of many people around the world. Just visiting Kathmandu and observing this majestic summit in the distance is well worth the effort.
* Asian food and cuisine is considered exotic and can also be used for medicinal purposes in Asia. Things such as bear paw, animal penis, and antlers are used and accepted once you understand that these things aren't taken or served inhumanely.
These Asia facts and interesting facts about Asia will certainly have you dreaming about your next trip to the exotic Far East.